LETTER FROM MOST REVEREND PETER J. JUGIS, BISHOP OF CHARLOTTE
Family Vaccination Event/Evento De Vacunaciones Para La Familia
FAMILY VACCINATION EVENT -
EVENTO DE VACUNACIONES PARA LA FAMILIA
Friday December 10, 8-12 and 2-6 St Eugene Social Hall
Walk-in clinic with appointments available.
Pediatric vaccinations for ages 5-11 as well as 1st, 2nd and booster doses of Pfizer and Moderna. Physician on site St Eugene parishioners, Asheville Catholic School students and faculty and members of the community are welcome.
For more information or for an appointment click HERE/AQUÍ
El viernes, 10 de diciembre 8-12 y 2-6 en la sala social de San Eugenio.
Es una cliníca sin cita previa o con cita disponibles.
Vacunas para niños entre 5 y 11 años. más la 1a, 2a y dosis de refuerzo de Pfizer and Moderna
Un médico estará disponisble para responder a preguntas
Miembros de San Eugenio, ACS y nuestra comunidad son bienvenidos.
Para más información o para una cita haga clic HERE/AQUÍ
Readings for the week of November 28, 2021
- Sunday: Jer 33:14-16 / Ps 25:4-5, 8-9, 10, 14 [1b] / 1 Thes 3:12—4:2 / Lk 21:25-28, 34-36
- Monday: Is 2:1-5 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4b, 4cd-5, 6-7, 8-9 / Mt 8:5-11
- Tuesday: Rom 10:9-18 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Mt 4:18-22
- Wednesday: Is 25:6-10a / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 / Mt 15:29-37
- Thursday: Is 26:1-6 / Ps 118:1 and 8-9, 19-21, 25-27a / Mt 7:21, 24-27
- Friday: Is 29:17-24 / Ps 27:1, 4, 13-14 / Mt 9:27-31
- Saturday: Is 30:19-21, 23-26 / Ps 147:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 / Mt 9:35—10:1, 5a, 6-8
- Next Sunday: Bar 5:1-9 / Ps 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6  / Phil 1:4-6, 8-11 / Lk 3:1-6
Saturday Vigil: 5:30pm
Sunday: 7:30am (Spanish) and 9:00am & 11:30am
Wednesday: 8:00am - Communion Service
Saturdays 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Catholic Charities Angel Tree
Catholic Charities Angel Tree Christmas Gift Program, through the generosity of the greater Asheville area parishes, are enabling over 300 individuals to have a joyous Christmas. Nearly half of the 300 individuals are children or seniors. The participants are families and individuals in need and/or living below the poverty line. A few key dates:
- Please use the Signup Genius for our St. Eugene Parish to select an individual and/or family to purchase Christmas gifts. We are targeting $50/individual. Click HERE
- Gifts should be dropped off at Catholic Charities WRO, 50 Orange Street; Asheville, NC 28801. Likewise, gifts can be ordered on-line and sent directly to Catholic Charities. Please include the individual code # on each gift. We need the gifts by Friday December 3 to enable the Catholic Charities volunteers time to sort and organize each family.
Your cooperation generosity is a testament to the vibrant Christian Spirit so evident in the Asheville Area Parishes. Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'
REFUGEE RESETTLEMENT ASSISTANCE
Assisting Refugee from Afganistan
The WNC office of Catholic Charities in Asheville will be managing the resettlement of up to 40 refugees from Afganistan. Some have already arrived. If you would like to help in this effort, Catholic Charities is requesting gift cards of any dollar amount that the newly arrived migrants can use to purchase food, clothing or other items that they need. (examples: Aldi, Ingles, Walmart, Ross, Amazon)
You can put the gift card with the receipt or note for the dollar amount in the Sunday collection basket or drop them off at the church office. If you would like to give a money donation, please write a check to Catholic Charities Asheville with "for Asheville Afgan Refugees" in the memo line. mail to 50 Orange St. Asheville NC 28801. Checks can also be dropped off at the church office or in the Sunday collection basket.
For other ways of assisting click here
To learn more you can watch the webinar The Current Catholic Response to Assist Afgan Migrants here
MINISTRY SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK
SOUND & TECHNOLOGY
Contact: Frank Dosier; [email protected]; 828-252-1249
This ministry benefits everyone that attends St. Eugene's services and events. We have a state-of-the-art sound system as well as the finest inductive loop system in Western NC, serving those with hearing loss. People can receive audio transmitted directly to the T-Coil-enabled hearing aids. Those without T-Coils may use wireless body packs, available from one of the Hospitality Ministers.
In addition, due to the pandemic, this ministry has played a bigger role through the live-streaming of masses and other events. We reach individual and families in our community and throughout the country. We welcome people with experience or interest in audio, video, recording, webcasting, or wireless networking to join our group. We provide training, and the commitment per week is minimal. We would love to train the next group of sound engineers in this vital, ever-growing ministry.
Looking for Mass while Away?