Readings for the week of June 20, 2021
- Sunday: Jb 38:1, 8-11 / Ps 107:23-24, 25-26, 28-29, 30-31 [1b] / 2 Cor 5:14-17 / Mk 4:35-41
- Monday: Gn 12:1-9 / Ps 33:12-13, 18-19, 20 and 22  / Mt 7:1-5
- Tuesday: Gn 13:2, 5-18 / Ps 15:2-3a, 3bc-4ab, 5 [1b] / Mt 7:6, 12-14
- Wednesday: Gn 15:1-12, 17-18 / Ps 105:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Mt 7:15-20
- Thursday: Vigil: Jer 1:4-10 / Ps 71:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 15, 17 [6b] / 1 Pt 1:8-12 / Lk 1:5-17
- Day: Is 49:1-6 / Ps 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15 [14a] / Acts 13:22-26 / Lk 1:57-66, 80
- Friday: Gn 17:1, 9-10, 15-22 / Ps 128:1-2, 3, 4-5  / Mt 8:1-4
- Saturday: Gn 18:1-15 / Lk 1:46-47, 48-49, 50 and 53, 54-55 [cf. 54b] / Mt 8:5-17
- Next Sunday: Wis 1:13-15; 2:23-24 / Ps 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11, 12, 13 [2a] / 2 Cor 8:7, 9, 13-15 / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/062821.cfm
- Mk 5: 21-43 or 5:21-24, 35b-43
Saturday Vigil: 5:30pm
Sunday: 7:30am (Spanish) and 9:00am & 11:30am
Wednesday: 8:00am - Communion Service
Saturdays 4:00pm - 5:00pm
MINISTRY SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK
EDGE (6™ - 8th Grade)
Contact: Tracy Jedd; 828-254-5193 Ext. 1007; [email protected]
EDGE comes forth from the greater movement of Life Teen, which was originally established for high school ministry. As Life Teen began to grow, many parishes began asking how we could serve middle school youth in the same way as the high school teens. Thus, EDGE was created with the life Teen program and has been rapidly growing ever since.
The big picture behind the development of EDGE has important components:
- There are tremendous amounts of change for youth at this age, both internally and in their social lives.
- Middle School youth begin to transition from the Influence of their parents to then influence of friends and peers, and they need help and guidance.
- At this age, youth begin to question their identity.
- At this age, youth begin to question the purpose of their life.
- Middle School youth make decisions that can affect the rest of their lives.
Because there is so much changing in the lives of middle school youth, it is essential that they be Introduced to the truth and love of Jesus Christ and the Church so that their lives can be transformed and led in a positive direction. EDGE youth ministry strives to introduce young people to the saving power and love of Christ in a few specific ways:
- Through fun and relevant catechesis;
- By connecting the youth to a loving community of friends;
- By having faithful adults present and who are committed to journeying with them; and
- By reaching out in love and truth to lead youth closer to Christ.
EDGE meets most Mondays from 6:30pm – 7:45 pm, September through the beginning of May (with a snack included) at the church, unless a social event or service project is planned. Come and join us! We look forward to meeting you.
Looking for Mass while Away?