St. Eugene’s Parents Morning Out
We offer a 1s and 2s Toddler classroom, an Older 2s classroom (Children turning 3 in the Fall), and a Preschool classroom for children turning 3 before the beginning of the school year. Our program runs Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
Our 1s and 2s program offers an opportunity for children to play, learn, explore, and gain valuable social skills in a structured, small-group environment. We include creative activities, music, reading time, and outdoor play to encourage children to develop and explore self-expression through art, language, and social relationships. Our 1s and 2s (Toddler class) and Older 2s Lead Teacher and Assistant Director, Mrs. Cassie Gilham, has many years of experience working with children and is an ACS parent.
Our Preschool class (3s and 4s) will be taught by Mrs. Jennie Arndt (an ACS parent and Director of St. Eugene’s Preschool) who holds a Master’s degree in Education and has 9 years of experience teaching at the preschool level. The preschool classroom will be a very nurturing environment to help children grow socially, emotionally, and academically. The classroom will allow students to explore, be creative, and develop their interests through the use of developmentally appropriate centers, daily morning meetings, circle time, and by creating a positive atmosphere of classroom community. Students will learn independent skills such as putting on shoes and jackets and academic skills such as phonemic awareness skills, rich literacy experiences, letter recognition, and math skills.
Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 12:30 pm - September through May
1 Day - $135
2 Days- $220
3 Days- $260
4 Days- $290
5 Days- $320
We offer a summer program in June. For this program we are open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9-1. This program is for ages 1-4 and has limited availability. We are closed in July and August until school begins again.
We follow Asheville Catholic School's annual calendar for Spring Break and Holiday closures.
Please email Jennie Arndt at [email protected] or call 828-707-6595 with questions or if you would like to schedule a visit.
St. Eugene's Preschool serves toddler and preschool aged children. Our Preschool classroom is for children who are at least 3 years old and toilet trained. We will also continue to offer our very popular Toddler class for ages 12 months- 3 years.
A snapshot of our preschool curriculum:
- Developmentally appropriate centers that teach the value of play (such as blocks/ building, art, dramatic play, reading/ books, magnetic letters, puppets, play dough, sensory table, science)
- Daily Morning Meeting and Circle Time
- Teaching of independent skills for school readiness
- Age appropriate teaching of early academic skills for later school success (phonemic awareness, rich literacy experiences, early math/ calendar concepts, learning to recognize names and possibly learn to write names, fine motor skills)
- Hands-on thematic units based on the children's interests
- Outdoor science education through our new garden
- Social skills such as learning to share, developing positive interactions with peers, mentioning and management of feelings, learning empathy towards others
- Teaching gross motor skills to develop large muscle groups, through our new playground and large indoor room for ride on toys and large group movement activities
- Daily religion to teach young children basic aspects of the Catholic faith, and to help children understand God's love for themselves and their neighbors
- Learning basic Spanish (colors, numbers, calendar concepts, and simple songs)
- Partnership with Asheville Catholic School to prepare children and assist families for a seamless transition into the ACS 4 year old program