St. Eugene’s Parents Morning Out
Our program offers an opportunity for children to play, learn, explore and gain valuable social skills in a structured, small-group environment. We include creative activities, bilingual language development activities (Spanish and English), music and dance, group and individual reading time, and outdoor play in our effort to allow children to develop and explore self-expression through art, language, and social relationships. We are currently accepting children 12 months to 4 years old.
Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 12:30 pm - September through May
1 Day - $135
2 Days- $200
3 Days- $245
4 Days- $270
5 Days- $300
We offer a summer program in June. For this program we are open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9-1. This program is for ages 1-4 and has limited availability. We are closed in July and August until school begins again.
We follow Asheville Catholic School's annual calendar for Spring Break and Holiday closures.
Please email Jennie Arndt at [email protected] or call 828-707-6595 with questions or if you would like to schedule a visit.
St. Eugene's Preschool serves toddler and preschool aged children. Our Preschool classroom is for children who are at least 3 years old and toilet trained. We will also continue to offer our very popular Toddler class for ages 12 months- 3 years.
A snapshot of our preschool curriculum:
- Developmentally appropriate centers that teach the value of play (such as blocks/ building, art, dramatic play, reading/ books, magnetic letters, puppets, play dough, sensory table, science)
- Daily Morning Meeting and Circle Time
- Teaching of independent skills for school readiness
- Age appropriate teaching of early academic skills for later school success (phonemic awareness, rich literacy experiences, early math/ calendar concepts, learning to recognize names and possibly learn to write names, fine motor skills)
- Hands-on thematic units based on the children's interests
- Outdoor science education through our new garden
- Social skills such as learning to share, developing positive interactions with peers, mentioning and management of feelings, learning empathy towards others
- Teaching gross motor skills to develop large muscle groups, through our new playground and large indoor room for ride on toys and large group movement activities
- Daily religion to teach young children basic aspects of the Catholic faith, and to help children understand God's love for themselves and their neighbors
- Learning basic Spanish (colors, numbers, calendar concepts, and simple songs)
- Partnership with Asheville Catholic School to prepare children and assist families for a seamless transition into the ACS 4 year old program